2016-17 Summer Camp Volunteers needed!
The overarching objective of Technology Volunteers is to encourage children to become creators, rather than consumers, of technology. This is achieved primarily through collaboration with the staff of USAITA (USA Chinese Information Technology Association) in the development and delivery of a range of interactive technology-based workshops, using EV3 RobotC, Miduino and Arduino, in the Los Angeles Areas.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Organize the application stand and the publicity materials for the SMART Technology Workshops, including poster/flyer design.
- Promote the project and actively recruit Workshop applicants.
- Arrange and lead an introductory meeting for the applicants before the workshops.
- Introduce applicants with the concepts involved with EV3 RobotC, Miduino and/or Arduino, and inform them about the format of the workshops, what to expect etc.
- Create spreadsheets to track workshop attendance, homework status, volunteer hours, training attendance, workshop availability and groupings.
- Match volunteers into different applicant groups depending on availability.
- Liaise with the USAITA Workshop teacher on class requirements. Keep them up to date with progress and inform them of any issues.
- Maintain regular communication with USAITA Workshop staff member regarding daily workshop sessions and schedules for EV3 RobotC, Miduino and Arduino.
- Keep in touch with the applicants via email and Facebook to inform them about upcoming workshops and project activities.
- Be in regular contact with USAITA Leaders and Organizers Group with WeChat.
- Organize a handover meeting for the new USAITA volunteers.
- Actively uphold USAITA Volunteers policies and procedures.
All Volunteers will receive certified volunteering hours proof. They will receive ongoing support and guidance from USAITA staff and volunteers. They will learn project management and technology by working alongside a designated USAITA staff member.